Support from Sefton Council and CVS
Many of our residents who need help during the coronavirus crisis are being supported by their family, friends or neighbours.
For those who don’t have that support network in place, we want to make sure you know how to access help.
You can get support by completing our online form. The information provided will help us understand what type of support you require.
We can help you with things like:
- Urgent Food delivery - We can put you in touch with a community group who can shop on your behalf. This does not generate or guarantee a supermarket delivery slot for you.
- Local Food shop delivery information - We will send you a list of local shop and suppliers who can provide a food delivery to your doorstep.
- General help with loneliness – A friendly call
- Prescription collection
- Help to get online, we can support you with:
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Online Shopping
- Skype and Zoom Calls to stay connected with friends and family
- Access to YouTube so you can watch things like cookery demonstrations, exercise workouts etc.
We will try to match your needs as far as possible and will be prioritising the help and support accordingly. We are currently aiming to respond to your request within three working days.
Alternatively, you can get support by calling one of our team on 0345 140 0845. They will ask you a few questions and your information will be shared with Sefton CVS (Community Volunteer Service) who are co-ordinating the support in the community.
Our Contact Centre is now in operation Monday - Friday (8am-6pm), ready to help if you require any advice.
The Shielding programme has been officially paused but those who were 'previously shielding should take note of the governmemt advice to keep safe