Book or change an appointmentLast Updated: Tuesday, 29 August 2023
PATCHS is an online service that allows you to quickly and easily access GP services. Answer a few simple questions and PATCHS will get you the help you need. PATCHS is only available during surgery hours.
To book an appointment:
- Request an appointment online (PATCHS)
- Phone us Monday to Friday between 8:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 6:30pm to make an appointment. (excluding bank holidays and training closures)
- See details of future bank holiday closures and training closures (one Wednesday each month)
When you get in touch, our reception team will ask what you need help with.
This will help us assess your needs and identify the most suitable doctor, nurse or health professional to help you.
Extended hours appointments
We also offer appointments during the evening and at weekends through the 7 Day GP Service. This is at the Family Surgery building at 107 Liverpool Road Birkdale.
These appointments are available 5pm to 9pm on Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on Saturday and 9am to 1pm on Sunday.
You can book these appointments in advance by calling the reception team.
About your appointment
When you contact us, we may offer you a consultation:
Face to face at the surgery
On a video call
By online consultation (PATCHS)
Our aim is to give you an appointment within 48 hours from the day on which you telephone; however, some 24 hour appointments and some same day appointments are available.
Appointments by phone, video call or online consultation can be more flexible. This means the doctor or nurse can help you sooner.
If your problem is clinically urgent it would be helpful if you would explain this to the receptionist. Routine nurse appointments are pre-bookable.
The surgery runs on 10 minute appointments, therefore the GP may not be able to deal with multiple problems in one visit. Please be aware the GP may ask you to re-book if there is not adequate time.
We also offer the facility of booking a ‘telephone consultation’; If you receive a letter in the post asking you to book a telephone consultation with a GP, please contact our receptionists who will be more than happy to arrange this for you. The GP will call you after their morning consultations have finished. Please ensure we have an up to date contact number.
Important: if you have to cancel your appointment
Please tell us if you need to cancel your appointment and give us as much notice as possible. This means we can offer your appointment to another patient.
How to cancel your appointment
You can cancel any appointment by using the NHS App. You can also call the surgery to tell us.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to see. We will do our best to organise that but it won't always be possible.
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face or video call.
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs