Points to considerLast Updated: Tuesday, 29 August 2023
We suggest that the points listed below are worthy of consideration and will be helpful to both patients and staff.
- Do you need to see a doctor or nurse?
- Check the common ailments list at the back of this handbook before making an appointment.
- Telephone lines are always busy first thing in the morning. If your call is not an urgent one please consider telephoning later in the day.
- Remember telephone advice is available.
- A sick note can sometimes be extended without the need for an appointment with a doctor. Please leave a message.
- If urgent a repeat prescription can sometimes be issued without an appointment if you have consulted the doctor about your condition previously.